Sunday, February 7, 2010

With all your lies, you're still very loveable.

I broke your back when your feet couldn't keep up with mine.
Sometimes I regret that my mouth speaks courtesy of my left aorta
and you,
you speak with a louder conscience than my begging logic seeping back into the confines of my brain fluid.

I took your spinal cord and wrapped it between my fingertips so that I could feel you feeling me.

I felt
nothing.

The cartilage tucked between the crevices of each disk 
told the same story that your face did;
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

I tried to carry you with me,
tried to gather bruises on my feet for the both of us
but at some point between tearing the cotton from my flesh
and placing it upon yours
I realized that the weight of you plus me was intolerable.

Everything you had to give remained nestled underneath your exterior,
shadowing what was left of who you used to be.
For some reason I found apologies falling from between the cracks of my lips
because of the times that you reconstructed your chest piece 
and moved along because of someone else.

The magnitude of what they had done 
reached into my backbone and tugged at its strength
and I crumbled.
But your face still read like a book that had yet to be written in.
Nothing.
Like what you had given me of yourself;
Nothing.
I am spreading the caulk onto brickwork that I forgot with my 
ability to push you away.
Because at one point you stood before me and took down my exterior
one piece of stone at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment