Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here you are.

Dear Angry-Mouthed soul.
Dear Tired-Souled angry mouth,
with a brain that spits words,
attempting to cut skin
to pierce through vital organs,
this letter is for you.

This letter is so that your eyes may see
what your heart cannot.
So that maybe
possibly
somehow,
your conscience may someday catch up
to seeing,
and one day you will believe
that I was not to blame.
That your words are filled with
attempts to convince the world
away from who you really are.

Take down your exterior,
peer into a looking glass,
and open your eyes.
There is too much potential beauty
to be hidden beneath your ugly.
These days,
that's all I see
and
it disgusts me.

You
disgust
Me.

Be your change.
Hold something closer to yourself
than yourself.
than magic tricks
and tricking minds
because
you are out to destroy yourself.
one word at a time.

Skipping town
will never stop
your skipping heart beats
when you see me
think of me
because hatred
follows,
consumes.

And for that,
I am sorry.
Sorry for you
and your weakened mind,
too afraid to self-confront.

Sincerely,
you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment